Monday, March 05, 2007

Inner Turmoil


1 Samuel 1:9-18
9 Once when they had finished eating and drinking in Shiloh, Hannah stood up. Now Eli the priest was sitting on a chair by the doorpost of the LORD's temple. [a] 10 In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the LORD. 11 And she made a vow, saying, "O LORD Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head."
12 As she kept on praying to the LORD, Eli observed her mouth. 13 Hannah was praying in her heart, and her lips were moving but her voice was not heard. Eli thought she was drunk 14 and said to her, "How long will you keep on getting drunk? Get rid of your wine."
15 "Not so, my lord," Hannah replied, "I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the LORD. 16 Do not take your servant for a wicked woman; I have been praying here out of my great anguish and grief."
17 Eli answered, "Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of him."
18 She said, "May your servant find favor in your eyes." Then she went her way and ate something, and her face was no longer downcast.


Reflection of Bee:

Who will know and see our inner turmoil, except the Lord God? Even our closest friends may not understand us and may even pass judgment on us in times of needs. Yet we know that we can always cry our to God for what men can't understand or ignored

Dear Lord,
Teach me to pray earnestly like Hannah did that You may answer my prayers and show me your path. Thank You for loving me
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.



Reflection of Tommy:
In our lives, we may sometimes face times of ‘barrenness’, where nothing comes to fruition. It may be our career, service or relationships. It can be hard for us to pray in faith when everything seems to be so ineffective all the times. But, we should not be discouraged or giving up hope, instead like Hannah we should bring our problem honestly before God, pray ceaselessly and knowing how our prayer opens the door for God to work (v19-20)

Dear Father, thank You for teaching me the power of prayer and how to fully trust and surrender to You through prayer. Guide me always to come to You first in prayers before relying upon other worldly supports. Guard my heart and mind that I’ll always do things according to Your will, not mine, and that I may bring glory and honor with my words and actions. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.