Distressed Travelers
Read Matthew 11:20-30
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." —Matthew 11:28
Reflection of Tommy:
Things in life can at times rob us from the joy and hope God has given us. We become weary and distressed by the uncertainties, anguish, and hurt; that no one seem to ever understand. We question when and what has went wrong. We may even settle to numb and suppress all our feelings to lessen the pain in our heart.
As we read the encouraging promise in today's passage, we know that God understands the things we are going through in our lives. No matter how big or small, how difficult or painful the situation may be, He is there beside us supplying us with strength and grace to sustain through them.
God invites us to come to Him and He will give us true rest (v28). In exchange of our burdens, Jesus offers us His yoke that is easy and light (v30) when we submit and surrender all our care to Him.
Dear Father, thank You for Your gentleness (v29), Your amazing love and grace for me. Forgive me of often forget about the peace and confidence You are offering to me when I truly accept Jesus as the "Lord" of all things in my life. So Lord, I commit and surrender them all to You once again: my work, my relationships and my future.
Lord Jesus, may I walk ever closer and more obediently with You each day; be ready and willing always in empowering the Holy Spirit to work mightily in my life. I thank You and pray in Your Name, Amen.
us' Name, Amen.

