Friday, August 31, 2007

Where Was God?

Read Hebrews 13:5-8

Reflection of Tommy:

I read an interview of a famous writer awhile ago on why he's an atheist. He referred to the 9/11 incidence and the innocent lives that were lost in the tragedy, that he was convinced that day that God does not exists. But as we read Hebrews 13:5, God Himself has promised that He will never leave nor forsake us.

In times of tragedy, we can still experience God's invisible presence with the suffering and the dying in the compassionate individuals, volunteers, communities, hospital, churches and schools giving aids in the crisis. Despite all that may happen, we can know and trust that God is always near; working out all His plan and purposes.

Dear Father, thank You for reminding me of Your presence with me all the time. Thank You that even the very hairs of my hairs are all numbered by You (Luke 12:7); that I do not have to be afraid but to trust in Your providence and protection and to obey in Your commands.

Loving Father, I pray that I'll be a good witness for Christ to those around me. Keep my ways blameless and pleasing to You always. In Jesus' Mighty Name I pray, Amen.