Inner Peace
Read Isaiah 53:7-9
"Be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing." —1 Peter 3:8-9
Reflection of Tommy:
I used to be a very reactive and bad-tempered person. Small annoyance and irritation from people can drive me insane! But as I walk closer to God, the Spirit changes me from within to be more Christ-like, helping me to grow and bear more the good fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control - Galatians 5:22-23).
As we read today's passage, we see and learn how Jesus responded to all the insult, accusations and mockery. Instead of retaliate and repaying evil with evil, our Lord display true inner peace by showing mercy and love for His enemies. Through our forgiving attitude, other may see the power and love of Christ in us. Like what the author in the Daily Bread said - "The worst criticism of you can bring out the best of you".
Dear Father, thank You for molding me to be more like Your Son each day. Help me to see Your plan for my life and how I can be used by You in the extension of Your kingdom. Teach me also always remember not to repay evil with evil (Isaiah 53:7-9), insult with insult but to display Jesus' kind, gentle and forgiving attitude to those who are unfair or unkind to me; that they may see Your love and grace in me. In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen.

