Monday, August 20, 2007

Fellow Workers

Read 1 Corinthians 3:5-15

Reflection of Tommy:

As friends shared with me how church attendance was droping drastically each year in developed countries, I came to realize that more and more souls are lost and drifting away from God. More and more people are influenced to pursue fulfillment and significance in life through perishable things in the world. During Jesus' earthly ministry, He manifested concern for these lost souls by showing true compassion for them (Matthew 9:35-36). He called on His disciples to pray for laborers (Matthew 9:37-38) and send them to seek out all those who are lost throughout Israel and all over the world.

What of us who are His disciples today? Do we have compassion for the lost? Do we pray for the Lord of harvest to sent out laborers into His harvest? The Lord is still working to save those who are lost and He will provide us the opportunity, the increase, and the reward for His harvest. So, are we ready and willing to share God's Word and be a useful "Fellow Workers" to our Master today?

Dear father, thank You for teaching me that the more I patiently and humbly sow for Your kingdom, the more I will reap (Gal 6:7). Thank You for reminding me that the key to all that I'll build is to be based on the right and only rock-solid foundation: Jesus Christ! Show to me my role Lord in your mighty plan that I may glorify Your Name with all that I do. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.