Sunday, August 26, 2007

Spiritual Decompression

Read Mark 1:35-39

"Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." —1 Peter 5:7

Reflection of Tommy:

I heard many times from people that they are so busy that they have no time to pray or spend quiet time with God. But in today's passage, we see how even Jesus himself set aside time to pray to the Father, how much more we need to do the same?

The amazing thing is the more time we spend with Him, the more efficient and equipped we are in handling the stresses and pressures in our lives. He give us rest and peace from our burdens (Mark 1:35-39); strengthen and renew us (Isaiah 40:31) to be ready for the challenges ahead.

Dear Father, thank You that I can cast all my care upon You (1 Peter 5:7). Thank You for your strength to lift me up again when I'm weary and down with the pressures around me. Teach me to have more quality quiet time with You, listening to You and submitting to Your guidance and leading in all things. In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen.