Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Angry Floods

Psalm 93

1 The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed in majesty
and is armed with strength.
The world is firmly established;
it cannot be moved.

2 Your throne was established long ago;
you are from all eternity.

3 The seas have lifted up, O LORD,
the seas have lifted up their voice;
the seas have lifted up their pounding waves.


4 Mightier than the thunder of the great waters,
mightier than the breakers of the sea—
the LORD on high is mighty.


5 Your statutes stand firm;
holiness adorns your house
for endless days, O LORD.


Bee's Thoughts:

Dear Lord,

You knew the struggle I've gone through to honor Your name.
You saw the "sea" that came upon me so fiercely.
You heard the "wave" that lifted its voice so loudly.
I felt like a living dead that walked without a soul.
I felt like a robot that acted just on command.

Thank You for lifting me up again through Your word tonight.
You are "mightier than thunder of the great waters".
You are "mightier than the breaker of the sea".
You can cause the dead to resurrect again.
You can cause the dry bones to be alive once more.

Give me strength to live day by day.
Give me the faith to believe You will never fail.
Give me the trust to follow Your ways always.
Give me the hope to never give up.
Give me the courage to rise and walk again.

Tommy's Thoughts:

Waves of trouble and grief in our lives can easily sweep us away if we do not have something firm and strong to hold and cling on to. As Christian, we not only have a strong and mighty God to hold and rely on, but a God that is morally perfect in character.

This reassures us that we can trust Him all the time, even though at times we do not quite understand things that have happened. As described in this great article on trusting God that “any testimony of a faithful Christian that does not have a happy ending has not yet ended.”

Dear Father, thank You for the hope and assurance I have in You. That I can trust You to know what’s best for me. Thank You also for Your peace and strength that keep me going despite the circumstances. Lord, I pray that You will teach me more about trusting You and submitting my all to You. May Your will be done. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.