He Did It
1You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. 3Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer. 5Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor's crown unless he competes according to the rules. 6The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops. 7Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.
8Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, 9for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God's word is not chained. 10Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.
Bee's Thoughts:
The word of God has again encouraged me tonight. I fell discouraged at work and is on the verge of giving up, and throw in my resignation letter.
Tonight, I am reminded to be strong in the grace of the Lord, be a reliable person who can endure hardship, follow the rules and is hardworking... like the soldier, the athlete, and the farmer.
Dear Lord,
Thank You that Your grace is always sufficient for me. Thank You for Your reminders and encouragement. I need Your grace and wisdom each day to face the challenges of life. Without You I can do nothing. Be my shield and shelter Lord,
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
We often make decision carelessly, going for easy shortcuts and ignoring God’s commands when our eyes are not set on the goal and purpose God has given us in this life. Without a goal in sight, we’ll wander aimlessly, living irresponsibly and finding our lives meaningless.
Paul gave a good comparison of our lives to the one of soldiers, athletes and farmer, each with discipline and willing to sacrifice to achieve the result they want. We too should see our current suffering, patience, obedience as worthwhile sacrifices to achieve our goal to glory God, winning people to Christ and ultimately living eternally with Him one day.
Dear Father, thank You for reminding me that my present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us when Christ returns (Romans 8:18). Lord, teach me to follow Your leading with joyful obedience and guide my every action and decision that they may bring glory and honor to You. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

