Multitude Of Counselors
Proverbs 11:14; Proverbs 12:15; Proverbs 27:9
Proverbs 11:14
14 For lack of guidance a nation falls,
but many advisers make victory sure.
Proverbs 12:15
15 The way of a fool seems right to him,
but a wise man listens to advice.
Proverbs 27:9
9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart,
and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.
Bee's Thoughts:
Most people tend to call anyone they know "friends". Yet who is considered a friend? One who gives another "earnest counsel", says Proverbs 27:9. Based on this meaning of friendship, how many "friends"do we really have? Very few for me.
When I feel lonely and that no one understand me, I aways remember the hymn:
What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear.
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer.
Oh what peace we often forfeit
Oh what needless pain we bear.
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer.
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank You for being my friend who will never leave me not forsake me.Thank You for giving me Your Counsellor who will lead me to do the right path when I lost my way.
Thank You for giving me my best friend too, who can pray and share my burdens. Let me be a friend too,just like You do.In Jesus' nameI pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
Have we ever try solving a crisis or making a difficult decision all by our selves? Most of the times, it’s hard to see the clearer picture or solution to our problems. We find our selves at a dead end, stuck in our situation or worse making hasty, unwise decision when on our own.
But, we learned today that a wise man will humble himself and seek help and counsel from others. Problems that seem so difficult, impossible and confusing to us are easily solved and clarified when we share them with others. It is true that often others may have a much clearer or knowledgeable insights, experience or understanding of our problems than we actually do our selves.
Dear Father, thank You for bringing to me godly and wise ‘counselors’ when I was lost and felt hopeless in situations. Thank You that through them I’ve seen better paths and decisions that I would have never known by myself. Lord, teach me not to be proud of my own ability, trusting only on my own understanding, but always be open, humbly seek and wisely listen to the advice and help of others. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

