How to Love God?
5 Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.
6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
O LORD, you preserve both man and beast.
7 How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men
find [a] refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8 They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.
9 For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.
10 Continue your love to those who know you,
your righteousness to the upright in heart.
Bee's Thoughts:
God's love is...
"reaches to the heavens" - can reach us wherever we are. (v5)
"unfailing" - forgive time and again, no matter how many times we sin against Him, He will forgive when we humbly come to Him and repent. (v7)
Yes, even though I have not seen God, I feel Him. Even though I cannot touch Him, I can feel him holding me securely. Perhaps that's why I can love someone even when I cannot see him. God teaches me to love even when I cannot see.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your great love. Thank You that Your love is unfailing and is over whelming in my life. How can I not be touched by You and not love You. I love You Lord.
Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
Some struggle with how to love an unseen God. Although we know from the Bible that it is the greatest commandment of all, yet we do not know how to express our love for Him. One of the ways to learn loving God is to know how He wants to be loved.
- The first way God wants to be loved is with intensity. To remind our selves always it is the greatest and most important commandment of all. To love God with all our heart, soul, strength, and mind (Lk 10:25-28) is to love God with the totality of our being, with the sum of our strength, with every ounce of our energy. We are to bring intensity to the loving of God.
- Obey His commands. Jesus said that if we love God in our hearts, we will obey Him with our lives.
“If you love me, you will obey what I command." (John 14:15)
“Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me". (John 14:21) - Spend time with Him. A life of devotion means to love Him more and more, and a life of study means to know Him more and more. These should become our chief pursuits, realizing that our relationship with Him must always be a higher priority than other things in our lives.
- Always be thankful for His Gift and blessings for us.
“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (1 Chronicles 16:34)
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18)
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28) - To love and serve others.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. "(Matthew 22:36-40)
"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." (Matthew 25:40)

