Friday, November 17, 2006

Word Hunger

Psalm 119:97-104

97 Oh, how I love your law!
I meditate on it all day long.

98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
for they are ever with me.

99 I have more insight than all my teachers,
for I meditate on your statutes.

100 I have more understanding than the elders,
for I obey your precepts.

101 I have kept my feet from every evil path
so that I might obey your word.

102 I have not departed from your laws,
for you yourself have taught me.

103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!


104 I gain understanding from your precepts;
therefore I hate every wrong path.



Bee's Thoughts:

Dear Lord,
Your words have kept me through all my ups and downs in life.
From the time I came to know You till even now, Your words have never failed to lift me up when I am down and kept me sane at times I almost lose my mind.
Your words have brought me hope and gave me joy and the strength to move on instead of indulging in self-pity.
All things shall pass away, including our possessions and the people we loved so much, but Your words will not pass away.
May You continue to give me hunger and thirst after Your words.

Amen.


Tommy's Thoughts:

As an ex-drug addict shares his testimony in today’s prayer meeting, I lost count of the number of verses he quoted from the Bible. The Bible basically contains every single answer, solution and guide to our struggles and the truth of God’s amazing love for each one of us.

God’s Word provides us with strength, peace, joy, comfort and hope to go through every life’s situation. It also gives us a clear purpose and goal in life; to love Him and serve others. Without knowing, trusting and relying on God’s Word, it is easy for us to make bad choices and live life recklessly and irresponsibly.

Father, thank You for showing to me the importance to saturate my mind with Your Word daily, allowing You to guide my path and protecting me from the attacks of the evil one. Safeguard my mind and heart from the ‘noises’ and distractions around me and keep me close to You, loving You and obeying all Your commands. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.