Come!
28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Tommy's Thoughts:
Whenever I read these comforting verses, I felt a special invitation from Christ. I can hear Jesus calling me to surrender my wills to Him for rest. Often times, I felt drained of all my strength and weigh down to the ground whenever faced with problems, fear, failure and disappointment. I am so anxious to manage matters myself and not wearing Christ's yoke and surrender everything to Him. I’ve learned that there is no rest but rest only in Christ: rest of conscience; rest of hope; rest of comfort and peace.
Lord, help me to always come to You with the heart by simple faith. Teach me to cast myself wholly unto You and never need “suppose” anything anymore. Help me to not worry about what my circumstances are but knowing Jesus is amply sufficient for me. Thank you Lord for giving me rest in Your loving presence with promise of comfort, restoration, healing and relief. You will forever be my source of hope, strength and peace.
....the devotion of tommy


