Monday, November 21, 2005

The Deep Peace


Matthew 11:28

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.(KJV)

Tommy's Thoughts:
I can’t stop thanking God these last few days. He showed to me several things that I have never realized all these while. I am very tired lately both physically and emotionally. My heart and mind was weary of all the coping, wrestling, trying, and worrying. The only thing in my mind was the promise of God to give me peace if I would just come to Him. I cried out to Him and He did answer me. Now, I somehow know God had used those circumstances to clarify and reaffirm my total commitment to Him.

Though I know the importance of submitting all our worries and fear to God, but somehow I haven’t surrendered my life to Him unreservedly. There are things I still hold on tightly by myself; thinking I’m capable to manage it without God’s help and guidance. This is mainly caused by the lack of trust I have for God. But after reading His words, I understand now how things work its way according to His will. I’ve learnt to yield to Him every burden or problem I’m facing to receive a deep and assuring peace in my heart.

.......the devotion of Tommy