Friday, November 04, 2005

My Wounded Healer

Isaiah 53:3-5

3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.


Tommy's Thoughts:
Deep down inside, I realized that I am still afraid and not confident to start a new relationship; though I wanted so much to share my love and life with someone. But I know I’m not ready and I don’t know when I’ll be able to open my heart for someone. The pain and hurt from my past still haunts me now and then. Though, some may think I’m trying to look for someone that is perfect and ideal; but I’m not. I know clearly it’s a fantasy to find a companion that will never fail you; a person would have to be God to meet those criteria.

After years of losing my sense of self; I know I need more time to be by myself. Thanks to God, I’ve learnt to always come and submit myself to Him; to allow Jesus to help me in the healing and to be the right person: to serve and give myself more to someone in friendship; to learn how to love faithfully, to learn about the opposite sex thinks and feels and to learn how to communicate our heart to others.

Lord, I need to trust You to take care of changing my heart and to completely heal me; to really open it to the person you'll bring to me according to Your timing and purpose for my life. I know Lord, she will still have imperfections and failings, just as I do myself. But she will complement me to build a happier and a more fruitful life together for Christ in the future. Amen.

.......the devotion of Tommy