Greater Grace
Righteousness Through Faith
22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement,[a] through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law.
Bee's Thoughts:
This passage reminds me again that there's nothing I can boast about for what I am today. There are many people who have said nice things about me or thank me for the things I did for them, for making a difference in their life. But I know deep in my heart that these things wouldn't be said if not for the grace and mercy of God in my life.
Therefore, where is my boasting? NONE! Who am I to judge another? I am also a sinner, saved by grace through faith.
Very often, after God has delivered us from certain sins we become too eager to tell another person who has commited similar sins to repent. We forgot about the grace of God and we start to point our fingers at the other person. We forgot what Jesus said to the people trying to condemn the woman caught in adultery. He said, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Then he turned to the woman, "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin." (John 8:1-11). This is the meaning of grace and forgivness.
I am guilty of such behaviour at times too. But I have learnt that I should be gracious, gentle and sensitive towards the person whom I like to help. I have learnt that cerain things are best left to be said by the Spirit of God rather than by me. I have learnt that I should pray more and talk less.
Thank You for these lessons, Lord.
.......the devotion of Bee

