When I'm Afraid
3 When I am afraid,
I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can mortal man do to me?
5 All day long they twist my words;
they are always plotting to harm me.
8 Record my lament;
list my tears on your scroll —
are they not in your record?
9 Then my enemies will turn back
when I call for help.
By this I will know that God is for me.
10 In God, whose word I praise,
in the LORD, whose word I praise-
11 in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
12 I am under vows to you, O God;
I will present my thank offerings to you.
13 For you have delivered me from death
and my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before God
in the light of life.
Tommy's Thoughts:
Doubt is not the opposite of faith. But, fear is. When we do not trust or forget about God’s care and promises for us, fear tends to fill up our heart. We will forget things like what God has said about how all things will work together for good. We become easily troubled, upset, discouraged and continually dwell on our problems with all kind of worries and fears.
What I’ve learnt from this Psalm is that we first need to determine in our heart how we should respond to a situation when we say we trust God. In verse 11, David determines in his heart boldly that he will not be afraid. When we truly trust God, we will realize that nothing can happen to us that God does not allow. When we learn to practice this trust, we will stop feeling stressful, afraid or uncertain on things. We will have the confidence and peace in knowing that God will get us through all the storms in life.
Thank you Lord, for You are always with me. I will trust in you Lord in everything. Thank you for giving me the peace, courage and strength when facing with challenges along life’s journey. Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
Perhaps you're "in a cave" today. You too can say,
"In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid" (v.11).
—David Roper

Be it in the olden days or the morden days, a person's close encounter with God seems to happen whenever he/she is afraid or fearful, and is alone. King David wrote beautiful Psalms and trusted in God most in such situations.
Likewise I wrote poem best during my despair and time left alone. It's there I find peace with God. When I'm afarid, I always call on the name of Jesus... for
"at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father."
- Philippians 2:10-11
Thank You, Father, that I can call on Your name when I am afraid and You will remove all my fears.... for I trust in You. Amen
.......the devotion of Bee and Tommy


