You Can Do It!
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
—Philippians 4:13
Bee's Thoughts:
Looking at what I plan to do from scratch in 2006, listed in my post "Goodbye 2005", can be a darning task... I wonder if I can do it. Thank God for the title of today's devotion... it's very encouraging to me.... "You Can Do It!"
Yes, I can do it bit by bit, a little change a day, a week, a month... I may walk 3 steps forward and 1 step backward... but surely I can do it. Just like I managed to stay alive and sane today even though I had so many struggles months before now. With God's help I can do it!
Dear Lord,
Thank You that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". You are my strength when I am weak, You are the treasure that I seek, You are my all in all. Let me do the things that will please You starting from tomorrow, 1st Jan 2006. In Jesus' name I ask. Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee

