Friday, December 09, 2005

Door Of Humility

Philippians 2:5-11

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Bee's Thoughts:

One's attitude is more important than one's aptitude
as one's attitude will determine one's altitude.
One's attitude is shown in one's gratitude
to those who have shared in one's solitude.

One's attitude that is humble and meek
will bring honor that one doesn't seek.
One's attitude that is same as Christ's
will receive the glory promised as prize.

- Bee

No matter how smart or how wealthy one is, if one has the wrong attitude, one will never go far. Nobody likes to deal with arrogant characters.
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
(1 Corinthians 13:1-3)
Jesus Christ has shown us what it means to be humble. Though He is the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, yet He came down to earth to be just like us... all because of love.

No wonder the Bible says love "is not proud" and is "not self-seeking". The attitude of love takes away our pride and our self-centeredness. Very often when we love someone, we are willing to do things for the person we normally won't do for others. We are willing to bare our soul, show our weaknesses and be vulnerable to that person we love. Yes, love makes us humble.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for showing me what it means to be humble. Let me have Your attitude, Lord, this Christmas. Let me be willing to remove my pride and has the attitude of love from above. Amen.



Tommy's Thoughts:

I felt really grateful whenever I think of God sending His Son to us, not only for the salvation but also giving us a perfect role model in our life. Before this I’m so blind and unaware of how I should respond and act in any situations. Most of the time, I responded in the wrong way without consciously knowing it. This mainly has to do with my self-centered and impatience attitude.

As I know more about Christ through His Word, I saw how selfish and boastful a person I was in the past. As I learnt about how Jesus humbled himself to serve and die for others, I began to see how much I need to be like Him.

Thank you Lord again for teaching me to be a gentle, meek and compassionate person; to stop being boastful and full of pride but to humble myself, be aware of the needs of others, and to serve them with a genuine and caring heart. Amen.

.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy