Just Imagine!
The Living Creatures and the Glory of the Lord
1 In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.
2 On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin- 3 the word of the LORD came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians. There the hand of the LORD was upon him.
4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man,
Ezekiel 1:22-28
22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked like an expanse, sparkling like ice, and awesome. 23 Under the expanse their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. 24 When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.
25 Then there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26 Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.
This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.
Bee's Thoughts:
"Why do you show me this passage today, Lord?", I asked within my soul as I see no teaching on practical life in the verses above.
But as I waited for the Lord to speak to me, I felt in my heart that God is trying to tell me to imagine the glory I would behold when I see him face to face one day. I guess I would be speechless, bowing low in worship of Him in His majesty and glory, like in the vision of Ezekieh and John.
Then I felt within my spirit that God wants to encourage me again by reminding me that the pains and sufferings I have now cannot be compared to the glory I shall see and receive in the future when Christ comes again.
Thank You, Lord, for this revelation. You know how I am feeling today.... You know I need encouragement. I am waiting to see You for the first time, Lord, though I already know You and have fellowship with You for many years. Come, Lord Jesus. Amen
.......the devotion of Bee


