Getting In Shape
The Glory of the New Covenant
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!
12 Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. 14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
Bee's Thoughts:
Last night I reflected on what I have lost this year at my JOE blog in "My 2005". I felt that God has allowed me to be stripped of my natural abilities so that I will not trust in what's natural but to fully rely on Him, just like Moses.
Whenever I read about Moses' encounter with God, I feel very emotional, 'cos I see a resemblem between him and me in some ways.
Mosses was only a Hebrew servant's baby, yet by God's will, he was raised in the palace and "was educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians and was powerful in speech and action" (Acts 7: 22) as the Prince of Egypt. Yet before God could use him for a great task of delivering the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt, Moses was stripped of his credentials and natural abilities, to the extend he said to God, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue." (Exodus 4:10). What happened to Moses?
Moses not only lost his position (career) as the Prince or even next Pharaoh of Egypt, he lost his wife-to-be, and even his self-confidence, after he fled from Egypt and wondered in the wilderness. Only then did God use Moses to do miracles.
In today's devotion, God again encouraged me that in the process of transformation "into his likeness with ever-increasing glory", suffering and pains are inevitable to shape me into His likeness...
God often works through suffering to bring this about (James 1:2-4). Sometimes He uses the painful results of our sins. At other times, our difficulties may not be caused by a specific sin, yet we undergo the painful process of learning to obey our Father's will.
Are you hurting? Perhaps a shaping-up process is in progress. Jesus was perfect, yet He had to learn obedience through the things He suffered (Hebrews 5:8).
If you keep on trusting Jesus, you'll increasingly take on the image of His loveliness. —Dennis De Haan
Dear Lord,
You are so wonderful! You know exactly how I feel and has already written Your 'love letter' to me in today's devotion. Everyday there is a fresh word from You that would meet my needs. Thank You for Your unfailing love. Let me fully rely on You, Lord, I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee


