Touched At Christmas
Matthew 18:1-7; Matthew 19:13-15
Matthew 18: The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
2 He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. 6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
7 "Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!
Matthew 19: The Little Children and Jesus
13 Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them.
14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 15 When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.
Bee's Thoughts:
Looking at children playing at the beach always brings joy to my heart. Why? 'Cos I guess they portray their simplicity, innocence, carefree heart, no pretence, purity, sincerity, energy, enthusiasm, truthfulness, relaxation, and many, many more... I wish I don't have to grow up.
But as a grown-up now, God wants me to remain as a child in my heart when comes to evils, yet as a matured adult in my thinking when comes to doing good... that is love. So I am.
Thank You, Father, that I am your previous child whom You will accept all the time. Thank You for consoling me when I cry, for picking me up when I fall, for carrying me when I am too tired to walk, for letting me sleep in Your arms... Thank You very much.
.......the devotion of Bee

