White Space
6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Bee's Thoughts:What "White Space"?... me wondering again. But what Paul said in the above verses are what I longed for. I want to be able to say all those things he said when it's time for me to go to my heavenly Father.
The Christian life is like a warfare which we have to "fight, like a marathon "race" we have to run, and a life of "faith" we have to press on even when we can't see.
Yes, I have been on these for many years already... sometimes I do feel weary, discouraged, lonely, abnormal, abandoned by the world. Yet aren't champions, such as Melissa Moon (above picture), feel the same way too? Don't we also have to forsake others when we deem something/someone more important than the rest? We only have 24-hours a day each, so we need to prioritize and conserve our energy for the important things/people in our life.
"When you come to life's end, will there be important things left undone? Will that white space bear silent testimony to goals you never reached, good habits (like consistent Bible reading) you never formed, help you never gave, kind things you thought about doing but never did? Will a sizeable empty space say that you intended to develop a deeper relationship with God, but that a close intimacy remained an unfulfilled ideal? Or will others be able to say of you that you "finished the race, [and] kept the faith"? (2 Timothy 4:7)." - (Daily Bread)
Very good food for thoughts indeed.
Dear Lord, thank You for helping me fight the spiritual enemy, to run this course of life and to have faith in You. Thank You for the strength You gave me, the people who came to encourage me, the messages I heard to reassure me. Thank You that "the crown of righteousness" is awaiting for me when I have completed my "race". Let me not lose hope in You, Lord. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
I need to start waking up everyday expecting and longing for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. This way, I can prioritize things better and shed away meaningless, time-wasting activities. A lot of times, I’m so caught up with these activities and pursuits; without a single thought of its value in light of eternity and God’s kingdom. Sometimes, I was even running backward in the race thinking there is way too much time to play catch up later. Other time, I just give up the fight without even trying.
Lord, thank you for today passage. Thank you for reminding me about the glory You have promised for me if I would to obey your commands, believe and trust in You for everything. Lord, help me to stop procrastinating and begin living my life filled with hope; to really serve, care and love others through words and actions; to be constantly aware of wrong attitudes and desires; to grow healthily in the fruits of the Spirit through situations, challenges and opportunities; to keep myself pure as a living sacrifice for the Lord; and most of all to chat with You everyday. I pray all these in the name of Your only Son, Jesus Christ, Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy

