Saturday, December 17, 2005

Unopened Gifts

John 14:12-31

12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."...

25 "All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

28 "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.



Bee's Thoughts:

Yesterday, a thought suddenly came into my mind... "I HAVE NO MORE WILL TO LIVE." I felt down, hopeless, aimless, lost... I felt I have lost everything I ever gained...

I knew that that thought came from the devil and I tried to fight it. I guess that thought came as a result of what I have been through for the last 2 years. I was pretty happy and contended about 2 years ago. But along the way my experiences with certain people I came in contact with cause me to feel very drained and tired emotionally and physically, and in turn they affected my studies and career as well.

Today's devotion is very appropriate for me. Jesus said to me, "Because I live, you also will live." (v19). How wonderful! Yes, I may have no more will to live... yet I live because Jesus lives. Amen!

That's the amazing part of reading the Bible and doing devotion everyday. God's words can give life to the 'dead' through "the Holy Spirit", who "will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." (v 26).

Jesus also said to me, "Peace I leave with you" (v27). Yes, I need that peace in my heart now while I look forward to His promise, "I am coming back to you." (v28). I don't know when... I wish it's now. Nevertheless, I know He will keep His promise.


Dear Lord Jesus, thank You for Your words today. Thank You that I can live because You live. Come and heal my troubled heart and give me Your peace now. I miss You so much, Lord. I am waiting for You to come back as promised. Mainwhile, let Your Holy Spirit be my Comfortor to comfort me when I am sorrowful and down. I ask all these in Your name, Jesus. Amen.


.......the devotion of Bee