Born In Us
A Promised Ruler From Bethlehem
2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
though you are small among the clans of Judah,
out of you will come for me
one who will be ruler over Israel,
whose origins are from of old,
from ancient times."
3 Therefore Israel will be abandoned
until the time when she who is in labor gives birth
and the rest of his brothers return
to join the Israelites.
4 He will stand and shepherd his flock
in the strength of the LORD,
in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God.
And they will live securely, for then his greatness
will reach to the ends of the earth.
5 And he will be their peace...
Bee's Thoughts:
The above vesrses are the prophecy of Christ's birth. When Jesus was born in the little town of Bethleham, things changed in that town as prophesied.
Yes, things change wherever Jesus is! It doesn't matter who I am or what I am, but it matters who is with me and in me, isn't it? When Jesus is in my heart, things should change too. Yet many times, I may only know these things in my head and not in my experience. Why?
I got the answer from the Pastor's message during this morning Church Service. He said there is a difference between our "position" or "status" as a Christian and our "practice" as a Christian. In "position" we are already victorious, as Christ has done everything for us. But in "practice" we may not be yet. That's why though we are already saved in Christ the Bibles says, " work out your own salvation with fear and trembling," (Philippians 2:12) In "practice", we experience many highs and lows of life... so we need to constantly remind each other of our "position" as a Christian and act like one.
Ahha... that explains my moods and feelings that constantly come to shake me off from my "position" in Christ. Yes, we need fellow Christian brothers and sisters who care enough for us to remind and encourage us to live as children of the King.
Dear Lord, thank You for this revelation as to why I am constantly affected by things and people around me though I am Your child. I know where I stand in Christ, but I need encouragement and reminders to live a victorious life too. May You send to me people who care enough to run this race with me. Let me also be the one to encourage and remind someone of his/her position in Christ too. Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee

