A Glimpse Of Glory
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
Tommy's Thoughts:
It’s never easy to be a Christian. In fact, we are constantly fighting a battle with the enemy within us. But whenever I grew weary and was about to give up, I will look back to what God has promised and also the person I used to be, before accepting Christ. One word to describe that old self: reckless. This recklessness manifested itself in the way I make decisions; the way I act and think, the way I plan things and the way I relate to others.
Now, I can clearly understand the necessity, purpose and importance for all these “momentary troubles” that I’m going through ever since. Its God’s molding process to prepare me for His eternal glory. I’ve changed the way I handle relationships, tasks and situations. My values and priorities changed. I’ve stopped wasting time on many unnecessary things; and focusing on things that matters most like relationships with others.
Lord, I pray to You to keep me at peace, be bold and strong whenever I’m dealing with trials in my life. Lord, I will fix my eyes on You alone and living my life in light of eternity. Thank you Lord for renewing me everyday and to give me the strength and peace as I continue on my walk as a Christian with hope and joy. Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
The passage for the devotion today is so short. Yet it seems God is telling me again and again to look to the future hope, future destiny, rather than my current condition. I need to have faith and hope though I can't see things clearly...
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
- Hebrews 11:1
Dear Lord, thank You that you know my thoughts and feelings very well... You know I need encouragement. And You are encouraging me again this morning to have faith and hope in You, to turn my eyes upon Jesus. Thank You.
.......the devotion of Bee and Tommy


