Sunday, December 25, 2005

First Breath

Colossians 1:15-20

The Supremacy of Christ
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Tommy's Thoughts:
Almighty Jesus, I acknowledge You as Creator, Sustainer and the end of all there is. Only You are sufficient for my every needs. You are the only one that can transform my heart and life. You are the only one that can provides true peace, freedom, guidance, strength and happiness along my walk.

Lord Jesus, I pray to You to remind me always on why You were sent to us. Why You died on the Cross for us. Help me to understand that everything was created for You; to bring praise and honor to You. Help me to understand Your amazing love for us and that nothing is possible without You. Help me also to be grateful knowing every day as a gift from You.

Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that You are Supreme; there is no other above You in my life. I will put You first in my thinking, work, families, activities, relationships, goals and dreams. I will trust in You to make things right for me. Thank you Lord Jesus, Amen.


Bee's Thoughts:

Just got back from volunteering at the "Celebrate Christmas in Singapore event". I am dead tired since I have to rush to church in the morning, then rush to report for volunteers duty after lunch and stay at the event till about 10.30 p.m.

It was a good experience. The side benefits of being a volunteer were firstly, I got to shake the hands with the VVIPs, including the Guest of Honour, BG George Yeo (Minister for Foreign Affairs). :) Secondly, I got to watch the whole performance with unblocked view. :P

Thank God for the perfect weather, though December is a raining month in Singapore. It has been raining the last few days but not today. The performances by Christians from different countries were fantastic! Somehow, the gospel of Christ was preached in a very clear way tonight. The glory of Christ was shown through the dances, singings and testimonies right in the heart of Singapore's Orchard Road. It was like having a Mega Church where more than 20,000 people congregate. Wow!!

Oh, why am I sharing the above in this devotion?

Well, I see the relationship between sharing the true meaning of Christmas in such a grand way (never happen before) and "the Supremacy of Christ"... "all things were created by him and for him". So the whole Christmas events at Orchard Road, even all the effort the volunteers have put into them, are for Him alone. For Christmas is Jesus. Through Christ all things are 'reconciled'. People from all over the world can come together in harmony to celebrate Christ. It's so marvelous!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Today is Your Day. Today, the reason of Your birth was clearly told to so many people in Singapore and also in many countries. Because Christmas is all about You, so You have stopped the rain today that the events can be carried out smoothly. Thank You for the huge crowd who turned up. May You speak to their hearts and let them know that they too can be part of this universal Family in Christ. I pray that what they have seen and heard will remain in their hearts and bear fruits.

Thank You for answering my prayers for tonight's event, Lord Jesus, because I pray for Your glory to shine. Amen.


.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy