Sunday, November 13, 2005

Making the Choice

Romans 13:12

12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.




Tommy's Thoughts:
Jesus who died on the cross has already paid the penalty of all our sins. We can be forgiven and cleansed if we were to believe in Him. We may have things in the past that needed to be laid aside – memories, guilt, pains and regrets; but they shouldn’t and never determine our future.

Oh Lord, as I come before you now, help to me to see the reality - a reality that I have a choice now about how I’ll live. Guide me Lord to set my heart on You and to walk the right path. Let me know that Christ has put to death all my wrongful desire and self-centeredness. Lead me Lord to work with You in everything and to clothe myself with Christ’s righteousness. Teach me to turn away and stop replaying my past and to move on with a life in truth, purity and sincerity.

.......the devotion of Tommy