Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Behind The Scenes

John 3:22-36

John the Baptist's Testimony About Jesus
22After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptized. 23Now John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because there was plenty of water, and people were constantly coming to be baptized. 24(This was before John was put in prison.) 25An argument developed between some of John's disciples and a certain Jew[a] over the matter of ceremonial washing. 26They came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan—the one you testified about—well, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him."

27To this John replied, "A man can receive only what is given him from heaven. 28You yourselves can testify that I said, 'I am not the Christ[b] but am sent ahead of him.' 29The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. 30He must become greater; I must become less.


Bee's Thoughts:

Do people see me or Christ?

Today I had the opportunity to briefly share Christ with a job applicant in the course of interviewing. The applicant seemed receptive but I wasn't sure if that's because she wanted the job. :) Whatever it is, the gospel has been shared and I pray that she will accept Christ one day.

Yes, we need to always point others towards Christ and not ourselves, knowing that whatever talents and gifts we have come from above.

Dear Lord,
Thank You again for the opportunity to share about You with others. I know that Your word will not return to You void. May You increase and I decrease wherever I am. Let me be a witness for You always.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Tommy's Thoughts:

Like John, we need to show similar humility when serving others in the name of Christ. It is always tempting to emphasize more on our achievements; concern over what others may think about us when ministering to others. Instead of showing others to Christ, we might be hindering others to see Christ clearly in the process.

We need to willingly decrease our own importance when showing people to Christ by emphasizing on God’s Kingdom, not ourselves. No matter what area of our ministries, always aware to ensure others see Christ on centre stage and not getting in the way with our so-called ‘flair’ or talents.

Dear Father, thank You for giving me ways and opportunities to serve Your people. Guide me always to praise and glorify Your Name when sharing Christ with others. I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.