Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Wake Up And Live

Revelation 3:1-6

To the Church in Sardis
1"To the angel[a] of the church in Sardis write:
These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits[b]of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God. 3Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you. 4Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. 5He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. 6He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.


Tommy's Thoughts:

Like the church of Sardis, we too can experience spiritual death when we drift away from our Source. This can happen slowly when we spend less and less time with God daily, paying no attention to His teachings and Word. We may also be dabbling with sin, thinking that we're enjoying true freedom and satisfaction.

All these eventually may bring severe consequences to both ourselves and others. Though we may be walking alive, but inside we are spiritually dead (v1). If we have careened off from our walk with God, whether for days or years, God is calling us now to repent, going back to Him, and be alive again in Him.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for calling me back when I’ve drifted far away from You in the past. Thank You for letting me know without You, Your strength and wisdom for me, I can do nothing. Teach me to put my whole trust in You alone for everything I plan for the future. Guide me to seek Your Word, to be rejuvenated and renewed each day. In Jesus’ precious Name I pray, Amen.



Bee's Thoughts:

"He who overcomes" will receive heavenly reward from Christ. These are eternal reward where one's name is in God's book of life and will be commended by God.

This morning I watched a Christian documentary show about three founders of Christianity in China. One of them was "Watchman Nee". These heros were very firm in their believe in God regardless how they were persecuted and tortured because they refused to deny their faith or to worship Mao in China. Truly their rewards are in heaven. These are true "overcomers".

Dear Lord,
May I be as strong as these great men of God in times of testing. May I have faith and perseverence to stand firm for You.
Thank You for teaching me what to say when dealing with a difficult parent today. May You continue to grant me wisdom as Your 'ambassador' each day.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen