Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Last Word

John 11:17-27

Jesus Comforts the Sisters
17On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. 18Bethany was less than two miles[a] from Jerusalem, 19and many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them in the loss of their brother. 20When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went out to meet him, but Mary stayed at home.

21"Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask."

23Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."

24Martha answered, "I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."

25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

27"Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ,[b] the Son of God, who was to come into the world."



Bee's Thoughts:

Martha seems to be the more "talkative" one and is always ready to give answers to the questions asked. Yet her answers seems to be off track from the question. Is that a sign of inability to listen carefully?

James 1: 19 says, "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry". When we don't listen carefully there is a tendency to speak to fast or get angry too fast. WE need to learn from Mary's example of listening to Jesus, instead of speaking too fast like Martha.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your reminder again that I have to learn to listen more than I speak. In my working place, help me to also listen carefully before I give my answers so I won't say the wrong thing.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen




Tommy's Thoughts:

When we’ve truly realize how powerful Jesus really is, the Creator of Life (John 14:6) and how wonderful His offer of an eternal life for us, we will surely have no hesitation to commit everything to Him!

Jesus wants us to be like Martha, with her deep and unwavering faith, that supplies her with hope, assurance and certainty during difficult time.

Dear Father, thank You for keeping my eyes focuses unto Jesus when life is hard for me to bear. Thank You for Jesus that I do have to journey through this life alone, or to carry my burdens alone.

Lord, I pray for your guidance and leading in tomorrow prayer session in my church. Prepare my heart ready to serve Your people. Protect and safeguard me from all distraction and hindrances. In Jesus’ precious Name I pray, Amen.