The Hope of Glory
Paul's Labor for the Church
24Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. 25I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— 26the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. 27To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
28We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.
Tommy's Thoughts:
Christ’s message of salvation is for everyone, not only for a special ‘privileged’ group of people as what the false teachers in the Colossian church believed. Through Christ, the Good News was made open to all who would listen and believe in Him. By accepting Christ, we as sinners are saved once and for all from being doomed to eternal separation from God.
It’s no accident that we were made known about the message of God’s gift of salvation for us. Are we willing to accept His wonderful gift of salvation and follow Him today?
Christ in Me (Written by Marie Armenia)
Christ in me, the hope of glory.
Christ in me, my shelter from the storm.
Should me of evil have their day,
Or should the earth's foundation sway;
None of these can take away the living Christ in me.
The Desire of all nations is the Rock of my salvation.
Jesus Christ, the King of heaven stands with me.
Christ in me, the hope of glory.
Christ in me, my shelter from the storm.
Should me of evil have their day,
Or should the earth's foundation sway;
None of these can take away the living Christ in me,
The hope of glory.
Christ in me, my shelter from the storm.
Should evil have their day,
Or should the earth's foundation sway;
None of these can take away the living Christ in me.
On Christ, the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
None of these can take away the living Christ in me.
The living Christ in me.
Dear Father, thank You for revealing to me Your amazing plan that “Christ in me, the hope of glory” –that nothing can take away the living Christ in me. Keep me strong to endure joyfully whatsoever coming my way. Remind me always that obeying You gives true purpose to my life.
Continue to guide me to Your way- to grow and mature spiritually; and as Christ works in me, teach me to tell others too about Him, not in fear or pride, but in love. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
Our hope of Glory is Christ in us (v27). Having received this hope we are to spread the good news around so that others may also receive this glory.
During this morning service, a group of Gospel Singers/Dancers from Taiwan performed at my Church. They shared about the power of Jesus in healing its leader's leg after the wall in one of the China province fell on her whole body, sparing her head. Her miraculous complete healing came after a year as a result of her prayers in faith and her passion to continue serving God in the singing/dancing ministry. Many have come to know Christ through them as they travelled round the world to perform.
As I was watching and listening to their sharing and performance I felt that I have to relook at my work. Is my work taking away all my time that I have no more time left to share my testimonies with others?
Dear Lord,
Let me have the same passion as what the Gospel group has in sharing Your love with others. Help me not to be so engrossed with work that I have no more time and energy left to be a channel of blessing to others. Help me have a meaningful week, starting tomorrow. I pray that I will touch someone's life this coming week and may Your hope of glory be passed around.
In Jesus' name I ask. Amen.

