Monday, August 07, 2006

Hope For The Blues


Psalm 62

1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.


2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

3 How long will you assault a man?
Would all of you throw him down—
this leaning wall, this tottering fence?

4 They fully intend to topple him
from his lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless,
but in their hearts they curse.
Selah

5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him
.

6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

7 My salvation and my honor depend on God [a] ;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Selah

9 Lowborn men are but a breath,
the highborn are but a lie;
if weighed on a balance, they are nothing;
together they are only a breath.

10 Do not trust in extortion
or take pride in stolen goods;
though your riches increase,
do not set your heart on them.

11 One thing God has spoken,
two things have I heard:
that you, O God, are strong,

12 and that you, O Lord, are loving.
Surely you will reward each person
according to what he has done.


Tommy's Thoughts:

There are some who prefer not to detail out their problem to God in prayer. They either think God can’t do much about their problem, or they’re afraid to be let down by unanswered prayer. A friend told me before that it’s better not to expect something if we don’t want to be disappointed!

But, most of the times, we’ll hear God the clearest when we honestly pour out everything to Him (v8). Go through in details all your pain, feelings and longing in prayers. We will know God is presence with us, and how much He understands what we are going through. He will provide us the rest, peace and strength when our burdens seem too much to bear. It is also an opportunity for us to reaffirm our trust and faith in God.

Dear Father, I’ll continue to praise You through good and difficult times. Teach me to always keep my eyes focus unto Jesus, my only light Source that guides my path and lift me out from all darkness. Lord, continue to lead me to obey You, worship and serve You and others. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.


Bee's Thoughts:

God is my "rest", "salvation" and "hope" (v1,5).

When I am too tired physically, emotionally or mentally, God is my rest.
When I am in distress and need to be pulled out of my miseries, God is my salvation.
When I feel like giving up my life journey, God is my hope.


Dear Lord,
I am weak but You are strong. I am lost but You showed me the way. I have no future but You gave me hope. I pray that I will be a blessing to those around me that they too may find rest, salvation and hope in You.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen