Known Facts vs All The Facts
6 Jeremiah said, "The word of the LORD came to me: 7 Hanamel son of Shallum your uncle is going to come to you and say, 'Buy my field at Anathoth, because as nearest relative it is your right and duty to buy it.'
8 "Then, just as the LORD had said, my cousin Hanamel came to me in the courtyard of the guard and said, 'Buy my field at Anathoth in the territory of Benjamin. Since it is your right to redeem it and possess it, buy it for yourself.'
"I knew that this was the word of the LORD; 9 so I bought the field at Anathoth from my cousin Hanamel and weighed out for him seventeen shekels [a] of silver. 10 I signed and sealed the deed, had it witnessed, and weighed out the silver on the scales. 11 I took the deed of purchase—the sealed copy containing the terms and conditions, as well as the unsealed copy- 12 and I gave this deed to Baruch son of Neriah, the son of Mahseiah, in the presence of my cousin Hanamel and of the witnesses who had signed the deed and of all the Jews sitting in the courtyard of the guard.
26 Then the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah: 27 "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?
Tommy's Thoughts:
If we read about the history of all the Biblical heroes, we’ll see how God fulfilled all His seemingly ‘impossible’ promises to them. We’ll also see trusting in God doesn’t come easy. Like Jeremiah in today’s passage, he had to publicly buy the land that was already captured by his enemy. But he trusted God and bought the land (v9), knowing and believing in His promises (v15).
It is not easy sometimes to trust that God can fulfill his promises for us when situation in front of us seems so hopeless and impossible. But we can learn from the many examples of God’s people in the Bible, to know that God will work similarly in our lives too, if we allow Him to.
Dear Father, thank You for all that You’ve provided to me that in the past I felt they are so impossible and unattainable. Teach me to trust You more for things You’ve promised that are yet to be seen now. Guide me to walk ever closer to You each day, giving me grace to accept joyfully the sufferings of the present time, to be confident of the glory that shall be revealed through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour. Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
The known facts are not all the facts. —Herbert Vander Lugt
I like the above statement. It is common for us to use "known facts" to make a conclusion without having "all the facts". In a practical sense only God has ALL the facts and therefore He knows best.
Is there anything too hard for God? (v27)
Of course NO! Yet in our finite mind we tend to look at the "known facts" and forget that God is the God of the impossible. Sometimes we might be asked to do something that sounds silly yet it is in God's plan to fulfill His purpose in our life.
Dear Lord,
Thank You that You have all the facts and nothing is too hard for You. Teach me to always trust You to guide my path. Show me what You want me to do and give me strength to obey.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

