Sustained In The Silence
16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked?
Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?
17 Unless the LORD had given me help,
I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.
18 When I said, "My foot is slipping,"
your love, O LORD, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul.
20 Can a corrupt throne be allied with you—
one that brings on misery by its decrees?
21 They band together against the righteous
and condemn the innocent to death.
22 But the LORD has become my fortress,
and my God the rock in whom I take refuge.
23 He will repay them for their sins
and destroy them for their wickedness;
the LORD our God will destroy them.
Tommy's Thoughts:
Life at times can be really overwhelming and difficult when unforeseen things happen in our lives. It can also be a wait or longing for something to happen. We wonder when God will help and make things right or better for us, or to end the pain in our hearts. We may feel as though God has suddenly abandoned us, or that our prayer lives has collapsed.
This time of testing was termed as the dark night of the soul. A phase in our spiritual lives where God uses it to test our faith and trust in Him; training us to grow to be a more mature Christian. As we’re ‘slipping’ and ‘falling’ (v19), we should turn to those wonders of His creations around us (Matthew 6:25-34) and know how much more He care and concern about us, how valuable we are to Him.
With this assurance and all the promises in His Word, we’ll realize how His amazing love will take hold of us, calm us down and cheer us up (v19) when the going get tough.
Dear Father, thank You for Your assurance and what You’ve planned for me Teach me to remain firm to You, obeying all Your commands and trusting Your provision and perfect plan for me in the future. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
"When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul." (v19)
your consolation brought joy to my soul." (v19)
The above verse reminds me of a short period recently where I felt so anxious when fund ran out. At that time fear tried to creep into my heart. For the first time in my life I felt very helpless and lonely. I had no one to turn to except God. God saw my fear and anxiety and He did something... He opened the door for me which I didn't expect and brought me out of my poverty. God's love sustained me.
Dear Lord,
You will never let Your children beg and shame Your name. You have been faithful and came in to rescue me when I cried to You in desperation.
Thank You in Jesus' name. Amen.

