Monday, August 21, 2006

Tensile Strength

2 Corinthians 12:7-10

7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Bee's Thoughts:

Each one of us have our own "thorn in the flesh", something that is there to keep us humble and relying on God.

I used to prayed a number of times for God to remove the "thorns in my flesh" like Paul did. However, each time I heard God speaking to my heart, "My grace is sufficient for you". That was very reassuring and comforting. Each time I thought I would give way, but each time God sustained me. His word is always true.

Dear Lord,
Thank You that Your grace is always sufficient for me. Thank You that at times I thought I couldn't bear anymore, yet You came to support me and see me through. Praise You for Your strength. In times of testing I pray that You will help me not to fall. Keep me pure in You, Lord.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen


Tommy's Thoughts:

While at the prayer retreat, I saw many of my church’s members in tears during a prayer session. I can see there’re all kinds of hurt and pain beneath those friendly and cheerful faces I saw every Sunday. It’s humility to admit their weaknesses that made them to turn, submit and rely on God, affirming His strength, acknowledging only God can heals and comforts their pain and to provide all the deepest needs in their heart.

Dear Father, thank You for reminding me of the need to be in constant contact with You, to seek and rely on You instead on my own energy and effort alone. I pray that You’ll fill me with Your strength and power when I’m weak, making me stronger than I could ever be on my own. I ask this in Jesus’ name, Amen.