Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Forgiveness Before Calmness




Matthew 6:9-15

9"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.[a]' 14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.


Tommy's Thoughts:

A friend shared with me today about how her boss always treats her badly in front of others. Her boss shows favoritism in her workplace, where she was always the scapegoat, being blame for almost everything.

It is true throughout life people will make us mad, disrespect and treat us bad. It’s wiser to forgive them and let God deal with the things they do than repaying their evil with evil or being consumed with hate, bitterness and resentment. Remember that if we forgive those who sin against us, our heavenly Father will also forgive us. (v14)

Dear Father, thank You for the forgiveness I received from You. There is nothing I can do to earn this, but because of Your love and graciousness, I am forgiven. In return, teach me not to hold back any forgiveness towards those who has wronged me. Make me also a more patient person when dealing with difficult and disrespectful person.

I pray for my friend that she’ll not be so distressed, discouraged and sad over her situation, but to go to You for strength and wisdom to deal with her boss; trusting You to make all things right for her one day. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.



Bee's Thoughts:

When we forgive someone we are in effect healing our own soul. Unforgiveness makes us bitter with hatred, and it in turn robs us of peace and calmness in our heart.

I have learnt to let go and let God take control. Only then can I feel free to be what God wants me to be. Last night, a thought came to me and I felt as if I Am A Plant or like The Lilies of the Field. Plants are so carefree while they are still alive... they don't worry or feel sad or happy. They just be the plants God wants them to be.


Dear Lord,
While I live, let me be what You want me to be and fulfill Your purpose in my life. If at times I feel weak and tempted to go back to my past, may You grant me strength to move on with courage, facing the cross of Jesus. Let me know Your will for me at my work place, Lord. Hold my hands as I do my best for You.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.