Longing
Paul's Longing to Visit Rome
8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. 9God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.
11I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith. 13I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.
14I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. 15That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome.
16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Bee's Thoughts:
How does it feel like to be "longing" for something or someone?
I have forgotten how it feels like. I have stopped "longing" for anything or anyone. I have been 'conditioned' over time and pehaps I have become 'demented' emotionally?
Perhaps one "longing" I still may have is to be departed from this earth and be with the Lord. Yet am I ready for Him? I may not be, and that's why I am still 'hanging' around this earth. There are things I still have not accomplished I guess. I still need to share the gospel with others or help fellow believers grow in the Lord, like Paul did.
Dear Lord,
Though I long to be with You now, yet I still have work to do for You here. Help me be that 'vessel' to fulfill Your purpose. I may not be the best, but I want to be willing and available. Put the right longing in my heart tonight.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
We may be tempted to feel ashamed of the Gospel while living in a non-believing environment. It can be at work or home; where non-believers and skeptics around us constantly ridicule and quick to criticize on Christianity. To avoid others thinking we’re weird, narrow-minded religious fanatics; we feel embarrassed and easily shy away from sharing or stand up for our faith.
In today’s passage, we see how bold, confident and committed Paul in proclaiming and spreading the Good News to others. He was not ashamed because he knows exactly the meaning and purpose of God’s gift of salvation, a message filled with life-changing power for everyone.
Dear Father, thank You for Your grace that has made me know and understand the Good News of salvation. Like Paul, teach me to teach and share the Good News to others by first showing true, genuine love for them. Help me to do this through gratitude and prayers, letting them know how deeply I appreciate and care for them. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.


