Discipline
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
Bee's Thoughts:
Hmmn... the verses above are talking about discipline... both physical and spiritual.
They come in just on time as I have tendered my resignation today. I will be having some free time again before I embark into any new job soon. I probably will laze around for a few days to recuperate my lost energy and catch up with my hobbies a little. In so doing I need to be careful not to become 'lazy'. I still need to discipline myself in sleeping early and waking early, and preparing myself for future tasks.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for helping me to move on smoothly without much difficulty. I know You have a plan for me even in my work. I trust that You will open the right door for me to enter as I give my time to You. Lead me on to the next task, Lord. Help me continue to discipline myself both physically and spiritually to achieve Your plan for me.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
A Christian’s life is not a walk, or a jog or merely talks. It is a race with a clear finish line and an eternal, imperishable reward. To run this race with vigor and stamina, we need to discipline ourselves, train diligently and establishing a consistent pattern of godly behavior and habits, like our daily prayers, Bible study and quiet time with God. Other areas of discipline we can practice are, for example, in how we deal with others in relationships; how we put primary concern on integrity, truthfulness and kindness, pleasing God in everything we do.
It is always easy to tell and teach others how to live and yet we ourselves don’t follow our own advice. Talk is cheap if we don’t practice what we preach. Like what Paul warned in verse 27, as Christian, we could be discrediting the Gospel and losing our privilege to tell others about Christ if we ourselves are a bad example to others, proclaiming one thing and does another; our deeds doesn’t seems to match our words.
Dear Lord, thank You for making me aware of how easy I can turn idle; merely observing from the grandstand in this great race. Thank You also for teaching me to walk my talk; keeping in mind everything I said and do, big or small, to reflect true Christlikeness and magnifying Your glory. Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy


