Everlasting Arms
26 "There is no one like the God of Jeshurun,
who rides on the heavens to help you
and on the clouds in his majesty.
27 The eternal God is your refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms.
He will drive out your enemy before you,
saying, 'Destroy him!'
28 So Israel will live in safety alone;
Jacob's spring is secure
in a land of grain and new wine,
where the heavens drop dew.
29 Blessed are you, O Israel!
Who is like you,
a people saved by the LORD ?
He is your shield and helper
and your glorious sword.
Your enemies will cower before you,
and you will trample down their high places.
Bee's Thoughts:
Recently I was pondering on a BGR Question as a result of what somebody said. Doesn't what we experience physically now on earth has some signifcance on what is to come in the spirtiual realm as well?
Example, the church is a representation of the Bride of Christ; the love between a husband and wife is the representation of the love relationship between Christians and Christ too. Christians are constantly told to love God and others. If we can find fulfillment in the love on earth with our loved ones, how much more fulfilment we will have when we meet our beloved Jesus one day?
The speaker said yesterday, during our church service, that "the only thing we can bring with us when we die is relationship". How profound! I never thought of that before. That's the reason God created humans... to have a relationship. So God wants us to have proper and healthy relationship while we are on earth to have a foretaste of what is to come, that is far better.
Whenever I feel weak and in need of support I always hope I could have an arm to lean on, to hold me so I won't fall. Just like what I wrote in my poem "I Will Run With You", I see the arms of support when I needed it most. My ability to feel such support helps me understand and feel God's "everlasting arms" (v27) .
Dear Jesus,
I thank You for people whom You have brought to my life to support me when I am down. Though such earthly relationship may not last, it gives me a gleam of the everlasting relationship of love I can have with You. You are my constant and "everlasting arms". Let me extend my arms to those whom You have placed in my life too. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
During a church workshop last week, the pastor explained that if we can see how God really works in our lives, we’ll see Him busily push and shove away tons of ‘harmful’ things coming our way that we don’t even realize; like a spaceship maneuvered through an asteroids belt by a hero in those sci-fi movies. But, sometimes God does allow certain ‘asteroids’ to hit into our lives if it can be used to build our character, make us strong, mature and complete (James 1:2-4).
Through those trials, we can become more than we can become without them. Our heavenly loving Father can be trusted because He is all good and powerful, He can use any bad things or situations for good; and all things work together for good to those who love Him (Romans 8:28).
Today passage talks about how God as our eternal refuge and our only true security, will protect and safeguard us beneath His arms in every situation. He will catch us whenever we fall or blow away by storms in our lives. We can then be truly bold; with Him there’ll be no shaky ground.
Dear Lord, thank You for protecting me for so long, most of the times I don’t even realize them. Thank You for being my refuge, shield and helper when I needed You most. I would have long ‘vanish’ or ‘destroyed’ if it’s not because of You and Your saving arms. Help me Lord, to continue to trust and obey You in all things. Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy

