I Dare You!
41 May your unfailing love come to me, O LORD,
your salvation according to your promise;
42 then I will answer the one who taunts me,
for I trust in your word.
43 Do not snatch the word of truth from my mouth,
for I have put my hope in your laws.
44 I will always obey your law,
for ever and ever.
45 I will walk about in freedom,
for I have sought out your precepts.
46 I will speak of your statutes before kings
and will not be put to shame,
47 for I delight in your commands
because I love them.
48 I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love,
and I meditate on your decrees.
Bee's Thoughts:
Yes, "May your unfailing love come to me, O LORD". May I love Your word and keep it in my heart always. How wonderful is Your word to me, that lifts me up all the time. I am but a frail gal who is easily broken, one whom men would despise. But in You I am made strong, for Your word encourages me to go on a little more whenever I want to give up. Thank You for Your unfailing love. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:

The problem with our struggle in keeping God’s commands is not that we do not understand them or we don’t want to keep them. It’s the way we see them; our perception of what God wanted us to follow. We often hear people say following God is complicated because of all the things we need to change, the “dos” and “don’ts”. We felt God’s commands inhibit and restrain us from doing what we want to do.
When faced with a situation, we tend to ignore His teachings and do exactly the opposite, without giving a single thought of the consequences of our actions to our self and others. There are also times; we take for granted of God’s forgiveness, using it as an excuse to do what we know is wrong. All these attitudes not only hinder us from fulfilling God’s plan for our lives but also rob us from having true freedom in life.
The truth is, instead of restricting us; God’s commands actually free us to be what God designed us to be. When we accepted God’s gift of salvation and forgiveness, we gain true freedom from sin and guilt. We can make the choice not to sin again as Christ has already break us away from the grip of bondages.
To make it easier for us to understand this reality, we need to change our view on God’s commands for us. Like in verse 47 and 48 in today’s Psalm; we need to delight and love the commands God have given us. We need to know they are not to restrain us but to free us. They are given to us because He loves us and wanted the best for our lives.
Dear Lord, thank You for changing my perspective on why I should follow Your commands. Thank You for Your unfailing love for me, forgiving me and saving me from the trap and bondages of sin. I won’t be complacent of where I’m now but to move on and grow in maturity, lifting up my hands to Your commands, keeping them until You come again. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy

