Wednesday, February 22, 2006

No Snatching

John 10:25-39

25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one."


Bee's Thoughts:

Jesus is likened to the 'shepherd' and Christians are likened to 'sheep'. He said very clearly that those who are his 'sheep' will hear His voice and follow Him, whereas, those who don't are not His sheep. It's just that simple.

Are you a Christian? Do you listen to Jesus? Do you follow Jesus?

Jesus promised eternal life to His 'sheep' and assured that "no one can snatch them" from His hand... i.e. even Satan can't do that unless they willingly want to follow Satan. That's a comforting promise.


Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank You for being the good Shepherd. Thank You for your salvation and protection. Let me hear Your voice always. Speak to my heart everyday and let me obey You. Amen.

Tommy's Thoughts:

The bird flu finally reached our shore with the latest report of 10 people suspected to have contracted the virus. We can’t deny that things that are fine today might turn unexpectedly awry tomorrow. In this world, no one can ever know what will happen next and there are many reasons to be afraid of. As Christians, we can also expect to suffer on earth for the time being as it’s the devil’s domain (1 Peter 5:8).

But with Christ standing beside us, being our shepherd protecting us like His sheep, we’ll have the assurance, courage and confidence that our souls will not be harmed. We might be hurt physically but our eternal life with God will never be snatched away from His hand (v.28).

Dear Lord, thank You for Your promise to protect me from eternal harm. I pray to You Lord to be with me, safeguarding me on my trip to Cambodia next week. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy