Perfect In Christ
Paul's Labor for the Church
24 Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. 25 I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— 26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. 27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
28 We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29 To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.
Bee's Thoughts:
It's a "mystery" that Christ can be in us, Christians. That's where our hope is. If Christ is in me, wouldn't I behave and think like Him? Perhaps that's why in Christ we can be "perfect".
Jesus says, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5) We need to remain and be joined to Christ in order to have that special life to bear fruits.
Dear Lord,
I am very tired and weary from my work. Let me abide in You to draw strength. Even then, I pray that You will help me be compassionate towards those that need encouragement and help. Let be "perfect" in You and bear fruits... that's others may see Your glory.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
Christians suffering is not about a pain fetish or a monastic seeking of pain in order to be "holy". It’s the only realistic way for one to be truly changed, grow and mature spiritually; to be perfect in Christ (v28). As Christian, we often forget that we not only need to believe in Christ but also to suffer for and like Him (Philippians 1:29). Taking up the Cross is a necessary part of every Christian's education, in God's revealed plan.
Some of the common sufferings are temptations, conflicts and misunderstanding with others, dealing and serving unappreciative and difficult people, persecution, discrimination, criticisms etc. To endure through them is to obey and follow God’s commands, to stand firm and grounded by His truth; doing what we know is right.
There are so much to be learned and fruitage to be gained through our temporarily struggles that it will be to the maximum possible benefit for everyone who has ever lived. God has a very good plan in place for us that will make all our sufferings more than worth it.
Dear Lord, thank You for the power of Your Spirit working in me; giving me Your energy (v29) to endure and strive to be made perfect in Christ. Lord, teach me to work wholeheartedly and joyfully, motivated by love and not by fear or pride, to be more mature and complete in Christ everyday. Amen.
“For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him…”- Philippians 1:29
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy


