Spiritual Building
7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. 8 This is why it says:
"When he ascended on high,
he led captives in his train
and gave gifts to men." 9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
Bee's Thoughts:
In the church, God gives different gifts so that she will be built up and become matured, members living in unity together in the bond of love.
What is my gift then? I guess "teaching" is what God has given to me and I seem to have the ability to patiently and clearly explain concepts to others, both young and old. But have I fully used my gift? Not yet, I think...
When I went for the charity mission trips, I felt so helpless though I would like very much to help teach those children. I can't because I don't know how to speak their language. All I could do was to provide assistance here or there.
Dear Lord,
Sometimes I feel I am so useless... I have not fully utilised my gift for You. Please show me how I may fully use it to serve You better in the church or places You place me.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
I was talking to my best friend recently about how she had to do more than her position requires. Her office was short of staffs. She added, she would have done so much more, in area she’s good at, if there was less paperwork she need to do herself. I, on the other hand is the type who prefer to do everything all by myself; to have things under my full control. I might have done far greater works if I allow myself to cooperate more with others.
Many of us tend to overestimate what we can do by ourselves and underestimate what we can do together with others; as a group. Most of the time, we can accomplish so much more in less time if we were to work together than doing it all by ourselves.
As Christian, we are all belonging to one body, united under one head, Christ Himself. Being member of His body, each believer has been given a special gift for ministry by the Holy Spirit. Some can do one task whilst other can do another. Some abilities may seem small or large, but it’s ours to strengthen the whole body in God’s service. Among these abilities are in preaching, teaching, leading, healing, encouraging, nurturing, giving, administering and building. Through this way of working together, we can obey God more fully than by us alone.
Dear Lord, thank You for giving us all these special gifts to build Your church. Lord, guide me to exercise my gifts to serve others. If there’re other special areas of service I may be able to use my gifts, show to me Lord. Help me to clearly recognize them and to use them to strengthen and encourage the church. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy

