One More Miracle
The Song of Moses and Miriam
1 Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD :
"I will sing to the LORD,
for he is highly exalted.
The horse and its rider
he has hurled into the sea.
2 The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him.
3 The LORD is a warrior;
the LORD is his name.
4 Pharaoh's chariots and his army
he has hurled into the sea.
The best of Pharaoh's officers
are drowned in the Red Sea. [a]
5 The deep waters have covered them;
they sank to the depths like a stone.
6 "Your right hand, O LORD,
was majestic in power.
Your right hand, O LORD,
shattered the enemy.
7 In the greatness of your majesty
you threw down those who opposed you.
You unleashed your burning anger;
it consumed them like stubble.
8 By the blast of your nostrils
the waters piled up.
The surging waters stood firm like a wall;
the deep waters congealed in the heart of the sea.
9 "The enemy boasted,
'I will pursue, I will overtake them.
I will divide the spoils;
I will gorge myself on them.
I will draw my sword
and my hand will destroy them.'
10 But you blew with your breath,
and the sea covered them.
They sank like lead
in the mighty waters.
11 "Who among the gods is like you, O LORD ?
Who is like you—
majestic in holiness,
awesome in glory,
working wonders?
12 You stretched out your right hand
and the earth swallowed them.
13 "In your unfailing love you will lead
the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you will guide them
to your holy dwelling.
14 The nations will hear and tremble;
anguish will grip the people of Philistia.
15 The chiefs of Edom will be terrified,
the leaders of Moab will be seized with trembling,
the people [b] of Canaan will melt away;
16 terror and dread will fall upon them.
By the power of your arm
they will be as still as a stone—
until your people pass by, O LORD,
until the people you bought [c] pass by.
17 You will bring them in and plant them
on the mountain of your inheritance—
the place, O LORD, you made for your dwelling,
the sanctuary, O Lord, your hands established.
18 The LORD will reign
for ever and ever."
19 When Pharaoh's horses, chariots and horsemen [d] went into the sea, the LORD brought the waters of the sea back over them, but the Israelites walked through the sea on dry ground. 20 Then Miriam the prophetess, Aaron's sister, took a tambourine in her hand, and all the women followed her, with tambourines and dancing. 21 Miriam sang to them:
"Sing to the LORD,
for he is highly exalted.
The horse and its rider
he has hurled into the sea."
Tommy's Thoughts:
I always admire my friends who are song leaders in the church. All of them are very dedicated, effective and earnest when comes to leading God’s people in worship. There is this lady who always prepare close to a month in advance for a service. She always tries new ways to lead the congregation in presenting songs to God. She is also incredibly meticulous and thorough in her preparation and timing.
But I can see she is a humble and modest person, not at all showy or pretentious in her leading. She always tells me that she’s doing all these to praise, thank and glorify God, who she is truly grateful for.
Dear Lord, teach me to be like this sisters in Christ; to be thankful for all that You have done and given to me. To be grateful for Your gift of salvation through Christ. Lord, help me always to come in praise and worship with a natural, fervent and sincere heart. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
Songs of Worship always touch my heart whenever I sing them. Even when I feel down, the songs will somehow miraculously lifts up my spirit as I sing them. I could feel God's presence as I meditates on the lyrics of the songs and hymns.
The above songs of praise talks about how God led the Israelites out of danger in His "unfailing love" and guided them in His "strength". (v13). God is always compassionate towards His children. How can we not praise Him?
Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your unfailing love and strength toward us. May we always sing praises to You all the time. Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy


