The Greatest Thing In The World
Love
1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Bee's Thoughts:
Sometimes I think I know what love is;
Sometimes I think I know nothing about it.
Sometimes I feel the warm that love could give;
Sometimes I feel I don't understand all about this.
Yet the bible says the greatest is love;
To experience it is the best thing on earth.
Yet I only found this love in Christ;
Human love seems to be a bunch of lies.
How I long that someone could love me as I am;
But I guess that could only happen in dreamland.
Once again I have to turn to the Author of love
To help me love others through Him as I serve.
- Bee
Dear Lord,
Teach me to love in the way You do. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
Whenever we talk about love today, most people are still confused about its meaning. Love had become a mixed-up term confuses with lust, selfishness and manipulation. A lot of times we hear things like I ‘love’ and be with this person because he/she can give me this and that. Worst, they are also those who lie and hide their true feeling to get want they want from others.
True love, or God’s kind of love is directed outward towards others, it’s never inward toward us. It involves a sincere, genuine and unselfish service to others. It is always about being patient and kind, not envious or proud in front of others; it forgives others, not rude, easily angered or self-seeking; it rejoices with the truth; it always protects, always trusts, always hopes and always perseveres (v4-7)
To show true love gives evidence that we really care about others. It is about giving to others without expecting anything in return. We love because He first loves us. For us to practice His kind of love, we need Him to help us set aside our own desires and start becoming more like Jesus, to love others truthfully.
Dear Lord, thank You for giving us the greatest and most important qualities a man can ever have, that is, to love. With faith and hope in You, Lord, guide and teach me with the freedom to love others truthfully and completely. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy


