Sunday, February 19, 2006

He Never Changes

Psalm 103:11-22

11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him
;

12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us
.

13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him
;

14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.

15 As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field
;

16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.

17 But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children-

18 with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.

19 The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.

20 Praise the LORD, you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
who obey his word.

21 Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
you his servants who do his will.

22 Praise the LORD, all his works
everywhere in his dominion.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.

Bee's Thoughts:

When I read the above Psalms my emotion overwhelmed me... I feel like crying...

God's love is compared to the height between the heavens and earth, which is topless;
God's forgiveness is compared to the breadth between east and west, which is beyond measure;
God's compassion is compared to a father's love, which is undying.

Yes, I am in need of God's love, God's forgiveness, God's compassion... and here He reminds me that I have them all. Praise the Lord!

God knows I am just like "dust"or "grass". I am weak, I can be short-lived, I can fail and sin. Yet He does not allow the devil to condemn me. He wants me to know that His love remains, He never changes.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your assurance tonight.
Thank You that You are the same, yesterday, today, and forever.
Thank You for Your forgiveness and love,
Thank You that You are my Abba Father.
Thank You very much.

Amen.

Tommy's Thoughts:

My family was very poor when I was young. I remember one day my mom told me she had only $1.20 left in her purse to buy meal for the whole family. When things worsen, my dad had to fly alone to US to work illegally to get us better lives and education. He worked there until we all graduated from universities. During my graduation year, he passed away there because of a stroke. I remember my dad always said there is nothing more important or more precious to him than all of us. I think most parent have that kind of amazing, sacrificial love for their children. Everything they do, they do it for their children.

If we can see how great our parents’ love is for us; we can then understand how much greater our heavenly Father’s love for us really is. The problem with our society today; where God seems irrelevant is because we have a distorted view of who God really is to us. We see God as the Judge and the Lawgiver, instead of a loving Father that know and love us very much. He also forgives and forgets all our wrongs, making way for us to reconcile back with Him. He understands us and our needs far better than anyone. His love and compassion for us is unchanging and eternal, giving us hope and meaning in everything.

Dear Lord, thank You for answering my prayer today; giving me the courage to lead Your people to worship You. Thank You also for guiding me in prayers to members of our church today. Lord, I would like to praise You for all the things You have done for us, all the steps and doors You’ve shown to us. All the care and blessings You’ve showered upon us. Thank You! In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy