Amazing Friend
9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.
Tommy's Thoughts:
We long for a friend that understands us deeply in everything; a friend that will never get tired of us or leaves us alone on our own; a friend that faithfully stands beside us all the time, gives us undying attention and company when we need someone to listen to or a shoulder for us to cry on; a friend that can accept all our shortcomings, failings and weaknesses; a friend that we can rely on whenever we need someone to lift us out of our troubles; a friend that are willing to share all our pain, sorrow and sadness; a friend who is able to give us all the care, comfort, strength, peace and protection when we needed them most; a friend that forgives all our wrongs; a friend that never fails us; and a friend that willing to sacrifice everything and even his own life for us.
As believer, we have that friend with us, Jesus himself.
What a Friend We Have in Jesus
What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.
Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.
Text: Joseph M. Scriven, 1820-1886
Music: Charles C. Converse, 1832-1918
Tune: CONVERSE, Meter: 87.87 D
Dear Lord, thank You for being the most amazing and wonderful friend I ever had, there’s none like You. Lord, teach me too to be Your friend by following all Your commands: to love You with all my heart and to love others as myself (Mark 12:30-31). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
I looked for love,
in the one who gave me birth;
yet I find it not at all.
I looked for love,
in the one who cared for me,
yet she left without a word.
I looked for love,
in the one who worked so hard;
yet I have never got a hug.
I looked for love,
in the one who taught me to read;
yet I couldn't find what I sought.
I looked for love,
in no one anymore;
yet He looked for me paitently.
I looked for love.
in the One I couldn't see;
and He loved me tenderly.
- Bee


