"Follow Me."
The Calling of Levi
27 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. "Follow me," Jesus said to him, 28 and Levi got up, left everything and followed him.
29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"
31 Jesus answered them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
Tommy's Thoughts:
It is when we finally found helpless to help ourselves that we found Jesus...
It is when we surrendered ourselves to Him, admitting our insufficiency and failings that we begin to be transformed by His strength, peace and power...
It is when we see how much He loves and cares for us that we see how close we are in His arm...
And, it is when we trust and see the hope in Him that we can let go the aching yearnings in our heart and follow His leading to bring us true fulfillment and eternal glory as His children...
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for calling me to follow You when I’m lost and ‘sick’. Thank You for showing me how close You actually are besides me when I felt defeated and abandoned in my battle. Thank You for lifting me up and purging all lies and distortions of the evil one, letting me know how victorious I should be for what Christ has done on the Cross. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
Yes, Jesus found me when I was 'sick' in my soul and spirit when I was a child. He became my 'doctor' who healed my 'sickness'. Bit by bit He restored my soul. Day by day He strengthened my spirit. It's been a very long process. Along the way He taught me compassion and love, forgiveness and giving, just as He had done so. Yes, I need to follow Him.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for being my 'doctor' whenever I am 'sick'. Thank You for 'nursing' me to health each time. Help me to follow Your foot steps and do the things that are pleasing to You. May Your name be glorified in my life.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


