Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Misplaced Guilt

Leviticus 26:3,12-16

3 " 'If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands.

12 I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people. 13 I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high.

Punishment for Disobedience
14 " 'But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, 15 and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, 16 then I will do this to you: I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and drain away your life. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it.

Tommy's Thoughts:

There are times we know for certain our wrongdoing has led to problems and difficult consequences. We are willing to admit and accept the responsibility for what has happened. But there are times, things are not so apparent and clear, where we may be mistakenly accepting and assigning ourselves with every blames in a situation. We might also unconsciously took over the role of God, to be responsible for everything and to fix everyone’s problems.

There is nothing more dangerous than Satan’s weapon of misplacing guilt in our mind as believer. Despite acknowledging what Christ has done to redeem us from sin’s slavery, we may still make ourselves feel trapped and bogged down by our past sins. Feeling helpless, hopeless and condemned, we eventually return back to our former sinful pattern of life.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for the true freedom and victory I received from Christ’s redeeming grace. Thank You also for the Spirit that continually revealing those areas I need to deal with in my life. Teach me to search my heart, to be at peace with You at all time. I pray this in Jesus’ name, Amen.


Bee's Thoughts:

" If you follow... I will...; if you will not listen.... I will..."

There is always a cause and effect or consequences to our actions. God had warned the Israelites and the principle still applies today. But one difference today is that Christ has died for our sins. Our part is to confess and repent from our sins.


Dear Lord,
Thank You that I can come before You to confess my sins and having the assurance that You are fathful and just to forgive my sins. When I do that I can stand before You without condemnation. Thank You for Your mercy and grace all the time.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.