Daily Devotion
1 Sing to the LORD a new song;
sing to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Sing to the LORD, praise his name;
proclaim his salvation day after day.
3 Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
4 For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
he is to be feared above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the nations are idols,
but the LORD made the heavens.
6 Splendor and majesty are before him;
strength and glory are in his sanctuary.
7 Ascribe to the LORD, O families of nations,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
8 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
bring an offering and come into his courts.
9 Worship the LORD in the splendor of his [a] holiness;
tremble before him, all the earth.
10 Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns."
The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved;
he will judge the peoples with equity.
11 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
12 let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them.
Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy;
13 they will sing before the LORD, for he comes,
he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
and the peoples in his truth.
Tommy's Thoughts:
How do we praise God?
We first need to know and acknowledge good things He has done for us. This maybe hard for those who think everything they own or achieved was through their very own effort and hard works. But, they didn’t know that God owns everything (Psalm 24:1) and it’s only because of His grace we received all the gifts and blessings, including our salvation.
Take time and sit down to list down what God has done for us. It’s amazing how long the list can be if we were to open our eyes, to look around us with a humble heart; a heart that is full of appreciation for everything God has ever done for us. We then can praise and thank Him through many ways; through songs, telling others about His’ greatness worship and give glory to Him, obeying His commands, listening to His leading, daily devotion and quiet time, offerings and helps for others, living a holy life.
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You and I praise You for all the good and wonderful things You bring into my life. Good things for me that I sometimes slow to see, know or understand. Teach me to trust You more and to rest all my worry in You.
Lord, thank You also for guiding the each and every step in my daily walk with You. Without You beside me, I would have not known the sweetness of following You and obeying Your words. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
For a long time I have not sing praises to my God in my private time other than during church services. Too busy and then too sleepy... But yes, tonight, I am reminded again that my God deserves all praises no matter what I have gone through. He is still the Lord of Lords and King of Kings.
Dear Lord,
Help me to praise You whether I am in solitude or whether I am with people...
Lord, make me an instrument,
an instument of worship,
I lift up my hands to Your name.
Lord, make me a new song,
a new song of worship,
I open my mouth to sing Your song.
Amen


